Monday, June 25, 2007

you like frosties?

tonight, driving home I was feeling a little down...various reasons. the past couple of days I have been driving about an hour round trip to take a shower, mine is out of order.
I decided to pick up some dinner at wendys. I was behind a long line of cars, and since it was going on 1:00am I was a little surprised and getting a bit impatient. but when I got up to the window I handed the cashier my money, just like I would any other time. But he paused when handing me my change and said "You know, youre the nicest person I've seen all night....do you like frosties?"
and of course, whose going to say no to that question? nobody, thats who. then he upgraded my small diet coke to one of the enormous ones that dont even fit in your cup holder (and for anyone who knows my relationship with diet coke, you know I was a little excited to say the least). Then he handed me a big FREE frosty, along with my food.
I thanked him and smiled, and he did the same. for some reason, I became really content with driving the half hour home, with my free frostie and almost hilariously huge drink in the seat beside me, even though I was going home alone.
Not that this story has any major point to it, but it made me feel better. so, there ya go.

moral of the story:
being nice = free frosties at wendys

let that be a lesson to you

1 comment:

Robbie Lime Jello said...

what a happy and uplifting story.

kindness sure does go a long way. i would have given you a free frosty, too